Sunday, November 4, 2012

Food storage. I was reading today's Relief Society lesson and learned that Brigham Young was the first prophet to council the saints to have a years supply of food so that if anybody did lose his crops , he could carry over until the next season. . .

We have been counciled throughout the scriptures to store food for times of need. Joseph of Egypt stored for a nation and surrounding areas for 7 years of famine. In the book of Mormon the Nephites survived attacks from the Gadianton Robbers by enclosing themselves in a city with food supplies and waited them out.

Now we are asked to have 3 months to live on and beyond that a year of basic food for survival.  I truly believe that we will need this in the future. I hope and pray that my family is prepared to meet the emergency and able to survive. I'm working on doing my part.

Christmas this year will consist of food storage items, at least they'll have 30 days of soup to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment