Friday, February 4, 2011

2011 and life is great!

So far this year we've gotten to visit K.C., Lynn and Rhone while taking Kelene to try out for regionals along with Nanny. It was a great day with family and a yummy lunch at a mexican hot dog stand. Rhone was cuter than ever and Kelene made 4th alternate in the soprano section. Hats off to you for doing so well with only one semester of choir behind you and no voice training at all. You are a natural and oh so talented young lady!

Ken had his 51st birthday and I'm so glad he is my wonderful husband. He works so hard and is patient with me and my absent minded ways.

My mom is visiting my sister Charisse and her family in Castaic, CA. They are working hard to get her moved to Houston TX where Mason got transferred with UPS, his work.

Next week some of our kids will be coming into town to visit for their dad's birthday.  I can't wait to see them.

I'm taking a family history class during Sunday School at church.  Thank you Sis. Orr for teaching me how to research family names and get them ready for the temple.  Kelene has already taken 11 women and 4 men that we found into the temple for baptisms.

We are having really cold and record breaking cold weather all through out AZ right now. I've never experienced 5 degree temperatures before with a wind chill of -6 degrees.  I hope it kills the bugs. We should have better tempuratures by the weekend.

Last night Ken, Kelene and I went exploring.  We hung out at an antique shop, checked out Pollocks western wear and went to the local nursery to buy seeds for our garden and pet the horses (which Kelene said her hands still smelled like this morning).  It was a great family day and very enjoyable.

I love my family and feel so grateful for my very blessed life. Now I must force myself to clean my somewhat messy house.  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment